Artist Research: Oliver Laric






I struggled quite a bit with finding information on Oliver Laric, in regards to who he was and what his goals for his art were. However, I found some of his work and as a whole he seems to utilize classic greek or roman sculptures to focus on modern day topics such as culture or globalization.

The picture I included is a sculpture from his Mansueda Oversees Project. He combined multiple mediums including carrara marble,jade, granite, aluminium, bronze, copper, and more. Personally, I get a message about regardless if identifiers (race, religion, sex, sexuality, etc.) we are all people, all human beings trying to live life to the fullest. I resonate with this message a lot and hope that this message will one day be fully integrated into all of the world's mentality.

Comments

Popular Posts